[haiku-development] Re: New way to access subversion for developers

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 14:12:14 +0200

>> svn: Unrecognized URL scheme
>> 'https://oruizdorantes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/svnroot/repos/haiku/haiku/trunk'
> > >
> I guess this means that the BeOS/Zeta port has to be updated to
> support the https scheme. It is currently not possible to commit any
> changes with the current svn client.

I am sorry, but I find this unacceptable. I use BeOS as my only
operating system and have 4 machines with a total of 8 repositories
(counting buildtools) using the svn+ssh method plus a few with
anonymous svn. I have currently three commits ready but I am now just
unable to commit them? Doing such a switch without prior warnings so
that people needing updated binaries for their platform have at least a
chance of continuing working is IMO just very bad practice. I usually
liked the BerliOS hosting because it worked pretty well for me, but
moves like this are just unacceptable and I have to vote for moving
hosts ASAP. Especially for an institution hosting open source software
and helping alternative operating systems I cannot believe the
ignorance displayed by that. I sure hope that this is just another
temporary thing that has been exceptionally badly communicated.

Regards
Michael