[haiku-development] Re: New project: Address book and calendar app

  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:33:50 +0200

Hi,

Maybe you could skip the address book (since we do have one), and maybe work on the Haiku Deskbar calendar. As it is now, it does nothing besides provide a user information about current date and such, but maybe it could be
extended to be more like the Ubuntu calendar, something like this?

http://www.ubuntu.com/files/GutsyImages/Calendar-Todo-and-Events.jpg

or even

http://nancib.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/intlclock.png ?

Just a thought.

Best regards,
   Petter

Philippe Saint-Pierre skrev:
Hello everyone,

My name is Philippe Saint-Pierre and I'm want to do a useful
application for once.. ;-)

So, I want to create a new address book/calendar/todo list app (no
email client! I will launch BeAM or Mail gladly from my app tho)

I have little to no developpment experience with BeOS/Haiku, I use
that project to learn.  I was wondering if it would be useful and what
features you would want.

Those are the one I hope to implement :

1. vCard - vCal import / export
2. reminder at a time before the event specified by the user
3. multiple views (day, week, month, year) for calendar
4. invite contacts to events (send email, ...)
5. enter new tasks todo and cross check done tasks
6. enter progress on a task

do you have something else in mind (that would make it useful to you?)