[haiku-development] Re: New project: Address book and calendar app

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:57:30 +0200 CEST

> Hello everyone,
>
> My name is Philippe Saint-Pierre and I'm want to do a useful
> application for once.. ;-)
>
> So, I want to create a new address book/calendar/todo list app (no
> email client! I will launch BeAM or Mail gladly from my app tho)

Hmm we already have a contact managment app (People), that is using
Tracker for searching and browsing. You'll likely want to stick to the
People file format for interoperability.
The IM Kit also uses People files:
http://beosimkit.sourceforge.net/

You could first try to add an export menu to People, or even better, a
vCard-People translator...

You might want to try using files for events as well, and use indexed
attributes, but it might not scale very well...

François.