[haiku-development] New coverity scan analysis online

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 23:01:14 -0700

I have submitted another Coverity scan of hrev44338 nightly-raw built
with gcc4 and GPL addons included.

After some discussion with one of the admins @ Coverity, they have
renamed our current "stream" to haiku-32bit. Each project can have
multiple streams that can be built and submitted separately. Any CIDs
that are found to be the same between multiple streams become linked.

My plan is to eventually begin submitting haiku-64bit builds as a
separate stream, and Coverity's software should find any CIDs that are
present in both 32/64bit, and those which only exist in the relevant
build targets.

This latest scan uncovered 25 new issues, several of which are in the
newly added webpositive code, some wifi driver code, and a few in the
new qrencode. Didn't look too bad really, but we resolved only 19
since the last submission :(

Anyhow, have fun! Also noted, the new Coverity interface seems to work
pretty well with aldeck's new webpositive builds :)

As usual, if anyone has commit access, and does not yet have a
Coverity account, please let me know. We now have a user-creation
interface which I can use to add additional users (hopefully).

- Urias