[haiku-development] New and updated EFI branch

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 19:26:53 +0100

This is mostly for devs and potential GSoC students.

I've done some minor cleanup to the EFI code and updated to a new
Haiku revision to leave it in a better state than it has been siting
in for a few months. As I didn't want to change history in the efi_pm
branch I've created a new efi branch[1]. Consider the efi_pm branch
obsolete.

It builds and runs, if you disable 'treat errors as warnings' for
src/system/boot. This can be done in build/jam/ArchitectureRules by
commenting

  EnableWerror src system boot ;

You will need to configure for x86_64 to build the EFI application with

jam -q -sHAIKU_BOOT_PLATFORM=efi haiku_loader.efi

[1] https://github.com/tqh/haiku

Have fun...

Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH