[haiku-development] New UI for the media preflet

  • From: Alex Wilson <yourpalal2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 23:22:59 -0700

Hi all, I've been doing some work on the Media preflet for a while
now, and one of the remaining issues is the fact that although both
the audio and video settings views have a big box about real-time and
a checkbox, the checkboxes are attached to an unimplemented method in
BMediaRoster. In r40139, I added a BAlert when real-time is requested
to be enabled, but tangobravo on Trac pondered that those checkboxes
might as well be removed. Then, Axel pointed out that media_server
doesn't have to be restarted for the changes made in the preflet to
take hold. This got me thinking about a redesign, so I've coded up a
new ui (some parts working, others not). Before I work on finalizing
it, and getting it fully functional, I wanted to get input from other
Haikuers.

For anyone who is interested, I have put a screenshot and an
explanation of the ui on this ticket:
https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/6012 .

--Alex