[haiku-development] Re: Networks Preferences #2

  • From: Fredrik Modèen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 05:59:23 +0200 (CEST)

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Fredrik Modèen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Yes but it's really from 2004 but was not checked in until now when I
>> asked for it :)
>>
>> It's only for test and not intended to be complete.
>
> Casalinuovo has also put a lot of work into our current network prefs,
> so it might be nice to see about combining these if both have useful
> features. Based on the screenshot the one Fredrik just added looks
> nice and simple.
>
> I have applied Casalinuovo's patch, but haven't really had time to
> look it over thoroughly, or test it. If no one else beats me to it
> I'll try to take a closer look this weekend.
I have :)

I also begun to add what could be wlan setting (copy of ethernet)
But I hasn't looked that much at the code regarding our coding guide lines.

as it don't uses add-ons it's really a pain to learn every thing to just
add a new feature, but I can be wrong (has happen before :) )

I also think that the BListItem that Philippe did looks really great
especially if you change the icon to what ever what type of hardware there
exist on the list, like wlan icon for welan modem, usb (for usb network)
etc.

Bit i think that some one with better c++ skills than mine should have a
look at it.

--
MVH
Fredrik Modèen