[haiku-development] Network Configuration

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 07:56:52 +0200

Hi,

After doing a little work on the "new" network preflet in /src/tests/kits/net/preflet, and wanting to further complete this, I've noticed a few things, that I would like some opinions on. It touches on the following subjects:

Profiles:
* I presume we want the 'interfaces' and 'services' settings, currently stored in /boot/common/settings/network, to be contained in those profiles. However, the net_server is only aware of these files. I presume we want to extend the net_server to support profiles, and then let the preflet configure/activate them? * Also, am I correct that nothing in the current source is actually writing to /boot/common/settings/network/interfaces yet?

Preflet UI:
* Pressing the Configure button for an Interface pops up a similar window as the current Network preflet. Would it be ok to show the content of that window as part of the new preflet window instead of opening a new window? * Personally, I prefer tabs over the popup menu used to switch between interfaces and services configuration views, what is the general opinion on this?

Regards,

Ithamar.