[haiku-development] Re: NFSv4 client with xattr support and caching

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:41:52 +0200

Harshit Jain <hjain.itbhu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Before starting work on NFS implementation, I will like to do some
> Junior
> Jobs related to file system. Kindly give me some easy tasks to start
> with
> FS.

You could check if the ext2/3/4 file system implementation is working
for you, and find/fix its bugs if it doesn't (it surely isn't working
for me anymore since GSoC).
Alternatively, you could do a similar thing with NTFS.
Also, you might want to look into the userland fs stuff, as that allows
you to write your file system add-on in userland (and with the usual
debugging tools).

> My Haiku freezes after a few seconds at desktop. I followed the
> solution
> given in Haiku R1 Alpha 2 Release Addendum, which works fine. But, I
> have to
> change the setting of bootloader everytime I starts Haiku. Is there
> any way
> to save those settings permanently?

Sure, although it's not obvious how to do that. Basically, you'll have
to edit the /boot/home/config/settings/kernel/drivers/kernel settings
file.
Your safemode option might not be documented there, though, but if you
reveal what options you need, someone could help you a bit better.

Bye,
   Axel.