[haiku-development] Re: My SetViewUI ... patch

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 00:26:38 +0200

On 04/10/2015 10:32, looncraz wrote:

On 10/4/2015 01:29, Humdinger (Redacted sender humdingerb for DMARC) wrote:
Thanks for your great work on this! While I probably won't fiddle
around a lot with system colours myself, the people that do will
appreciate it very much. Instant reaction to change is part of
BeOS/Haiku's DNA that makes it feel so fast and responsive. In that
light, your 'mutation' was long overdue. :)

Thank you. I was going for a very much BeOS-appropriate solution. It
helped that Be did something similar themselves, albeit not to this
extent, and that I spent years working with the API.

I didn't look in details but it seems better than the string-based Dano
version IMO.

I, too, felt this was long overdue. In addition, I'd like to add native
theming support right in the Appearance app. Very simply just a drop
down menu and a single button in the empty space in the bottom-right of
the Appearance app would probably do, IMHO. I'll mock it up and submit
a screenshot.

What's wrong with ThemeManager?
(you can send patches)

I then will do, if acceptable, sound theming, and sound grouping akin to
my previous work:

http://files.looncraz.net/PhOS_CP_Sounds.png

ThemeManager supports sounds already, although not fiddling with each
separately.

I suppose we could add some editor-like functions to it.

François.