[haiku-development] Re: My SetViewUI ... patch

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 03:32:38 -0500

On 10/4/2015 01:29, Humdinger (Redacted sender humdingerb for DMARC) wrote:

Thanks for your great work on this! While I probably won't fiddle
around a lot with system colours myself, the people that do will
appreciate it very much. Instant reaction to change is part of
BeOS/Haiku's DNA that makes it feel so fast and responsive. In that
light, your 'mutation' was long overdue. :)

Thank you. I was going for a very much BeOS-appropriate solution. It helped that Be did something similar themselves, albeit not to this extent, and that I spent years working with the API.

I, too, felt this was long overdue. In addition, I'd like to add native theming support right in the Appearance app. Very simply just a drop down menu and a single button in the empty space in the bottom-right of the Appearance app would probably do, IMHO. I'll mock it up and submit a screenshot.

I then will do, if acceptable, sound theming, and sound grouping akin to my previous work:

http://files.looncraz.net/PhOS_CP_Sounds.png

Obviously, I'll need to practice with the layout kit :p

Make sure to ammend the Haiku API documentation accordingly.

Yes, that will come first thing after the review and the code is accepted and committed.. assuming that happens. Not sure who will do that, as I have no commit access, and probably don't yet need or deserve it ;-)

--The loon