[haiku-development] Re: Multiple mounting of file systems

  • From: Janito Ferreira Filho <jvffprog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:00:29 +0000

> ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx wrote:
>
> On 2010-04-07 at 23:12:15 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Janito Ferreira Filho <jvffprog@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I was wondering, what happens if you mount a file system twice?
> > > Does Haiku allow this to happen? Should a file system check if it's
> > > already mounted? Thanks,
> >
> > It can and should do so for devices (and file images),
>
> I just had a quick glance at fs_mount() and fs_unmount() in the VFS and we
> really should prevent mounting partitions more than once there already.
> Otherwise things get confused (KPartition mount cookie).

Hi,

does this mean that the file system should indeed check if the device is
already mounted? If so, how? If not, does that mean it's impossible to have the
same mounted file system in more than one mount point (IIRC, this is possible
in Linux)? Sorry if I didn't understand it yet =/. Thanks for your replies,

Janito