[haiku-development] Re: Moving clock options to Time Preferences

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:29:13 -0800

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 02:51:56PM -0600, Dane Scott - TuneTracker Systems
wrote:
> I'm guessing this change would strictly be in the way to access time
> preferences and won't affect the beautiful calendar view you get when you
> click on the time in the deskbar.  Hoping not, I find that so attractive and
> so handy!

And I would rather like the "Show Seconds" option to be *restored*
to the clock's deskbar menu (as BeOS had it).  I quite often want to set
some other timepiece accurately, and Network Time is the best source
around, so I would temporarily enable the seconds display.  At other
times it's just distracting, so easy switching would be nice.  (I also like
that calendar! Having the full date show as a popup is an attractive
feature, too.)

        -- Pete --