[haiku-development] Re: Moving clock options to Time Preferences

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 20:53:21 +0100

On 11/15/2012 12:28 AM, Sean Collins wrote:
Axel Dörfler wrote:
[...]

Wouldn't it just make sense to have a system time daemon, and the allow
applications, the system, user land etc, all grab time information from
it ?

Huh? Getting the current time is the least of the problems; it's just one function to call.

I still have no idea why locale and time have much to do with each other
outside of time zone, which would be a time issue, not a locale issue.

It's about how time is formatted. Just like dates, the time is not formatted in the same way everywhere in the world. Ie. 8:00 pm in the US is 20:00 in Germany, and 20.00 in Finland.

Bye,
   Axel.