[haiku-development] Re: Moving clock options to Time Preferences

  • From: Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 15:52:53 -0500

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It seems like there is no way to please everyone here. I could have a
> setting in Time (or wherever the clock preferences wind up) that sets
> 12/24 hour format for the clock only overriding the locale setting
> controlled by a "Override locale time format" checkbox. Would that be
> acceptable?

I was thinking perhaps something remotely similar to this

http://www.guidebookgallery.org/pics/gui/settings/timedate/macos90-1-1.png
(the buttons lead to
http://www.guidebookgallery.org/pics/gui/settings/timedate/macos90-3-1.png
and http://www.guidebookgallery.org/pics/gui/settings/timedate/macos90-2-1.png
)

in that you'd have your basic time / date settings in the Time
Preferences, but with a button to go to the Date / Time formatting
under Locale ?

That would set it system wide though.

Are you looking at creating the clock now as a replicant and having
settings unique to that replicant? If so, your idea is as good as any
I'd come up with.

--
"You don't use science to show you're right,
you use science to become right." --xkcd