[haiku-development] Re: Moving clock options to Time Preferences

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 12:02:38 -0800

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 01:13:40PM -0500, Justin Stressman wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I would argue that there should at least be some way to get to the
> relevant section of the Locale preferences from the Clock preferences.
> The real issue here is that most users aren't going to think or know
> to go to the Locale settings to change something like 12/24 hour
> preferences. Not having any way to get to those settings from the
> first place essentially every user checks seems to be a usability
> failure to me. It's not that we have to take it out of Locale even...
> but give the user a common sense route to find them from the first
> place they look... the Clock preferences.
>
> My real issue with the 12/24 hour setting being under locale is that
> users are going to look under Clock preferences and be lost because
> the settings aren't in the obvious place.

I pretty much agree with the above.  My personal 12/24 hr preference is
independent of my locale.  I have 24hr setting on at least one machine,
even though I'm in the US, just because I'm used to it and it can be
convenient.

Leave it in the Locale Prefs if you like, but duplicate it in the
obvious Time Prefs place.

        -- Pete --