[haiku-development] Re: Moving away from Subversion (pt 3)

  • From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 00:21:58 +0200

* Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

>  1. For non-core developers, or junior-developers without access to the
>     Subversion repository, the method for contributing changes is through text
>     based patches that are distributed through the mailing lists, or through
>     the issue tracker.[5] Unfortunately it seems that patches seem to 'get
>     lost' in the issue tracker [6] and it has been suggested that this is in
>     part because of the challenges involving the use of text-based patches.

My suggestion: give contributors access to their own namespace in
the repository, where they can push their changes into.

If changes should go into mainline, they'll first have to be
rebased onto it. Once a branch is fully merged, it will be removed.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@xxxxxxxx
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666