[haiku-development] Re: Moving away from Subversion (pt 3)

  • From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 00:14:08 +0200

* Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

> But I will say that branching in Subversion is very painful and
> error-prone whereas with git (and probably other DVCSes) it is so easy
> that I make use of it almost daily in my job. Easy branching and
> merging has a major affect on workflow and therefore I think it should
> be considered when discussing Haiku's workflow.

ACK. Actually, I'm using separate branches for nearly every task,
I almost never work directly in the mainline branches, instead
use separate ones and merge if finished. I'd never like to live
w/o easy/lightweight branches and rebase (also interactive one)
again.

As for the workflows: whatever wf you choose, you'll need some
tools to support it (nobody wants to manually handle single
patches again, I guess).

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@xxxxxxxx
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666