[haiku-development] Moving away from Subversion (pt 3)

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:18:18 +0200

Hello all,

Before the summer holidays there was a big discussion about moving
away from Subversion. (See
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/Proposal-Moving-away-from-Subversion
and
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/Moving-away-from-Subversion-pt-2)

The discussion died (with a lot of valid points that were made) and I
would like to continue the discussion, albeit in a slightly
unconventional way. I would like to call for a few people to create a
'task force' in order to discuss _and_ implement the decision. I
mention the implementation because this obviously is a topic that gets
a lot of debate, but it will fall or stand with the implementation.

I propose the following:
 * Setting up a workgroup with about five people from different parts
of the project to
 * Based on the mailing lists discussions they will investigate all the options
 * They will round up an overview with one or more options.
 * They solicit a round of community input
 * They adjust the plan according to the input
 * They put out a final plan, which will be voted on (if necessary)
 * They implement the solution.

Any opinions on this approach? Any volunteers?

I will volunteer and bring in my experience as the maintainer of
dev.haiku-os.org.

Regards,

Niels