[haiku-development] Re: Mouse performance (was VirtualBox Mouse laggyness...)

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 09:09:11 +1000

Hypothetical question - when a new user installs Haiku, they still dont know
if their system will require hda or OSS.  Haiku package builders will
obviously include the default driver (hda).  However, if the user needs to
install OSS, then the installation routine needs to remove the system
driver.  This just doesn't sound kosher.  AFAIK, there are no other
scenarios in Haiku where this conflict exists (between a user driver and a
system driver).  Shouldn't the kernel when scanning for drivers reject a
system driver when it finds a usable user installed driver?

Cheers.
Zenja