[haiku-development] Re: Mouse Event

  • From: <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:15:32 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 18:44:15 +1200, "Mohmed Hammassani" <mohmed85@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.  I had a look at CPUButton and the newsletter. Inside
> the CPUButton class, methods for MouseUp and MouseDown have been
> implemented. Are these called automatically when mouse actions occur? Im
> just not understanding how these methods are used.

These methods are called "hooks": they're called "back" by the view
automatically. Every view is a BHlander too, aka able to handle messages and
react to. BView default handling of mouse messages is to call MouseDown(),
MouseMoved() and MouseUp() methods ("hooks") depending on mouse tracking policy
(SetMouseEventMask()).

May I suggest you give a look at the Interface Kit introduction, in particular
the section presenting user input:
http://www.haiku-os.org/legacy-docs/bebook/TheInterfaceKit_Responding.html

You may also download the online version of the out-of-print "Programming the
Be Operating System" book, which presents all these topics in a very easy step:
http://oreilly.com/catalog/beosprog/book/

Bye,
  Philippe.