[haiku-development] Re: Minimize button

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 11:57:23 +0200 (MEST)

Stephan wrote:
> The real problem is that the minimizing action itself may be completely
> confusing to new users.
> Their window just disappeared and they have no clue how to get it back.
[...]
> A dedicated minimize button wouldn't fix this problem, [....]

Exactly, it wouldn't really help at all with the confusion. That's also not
what the feature request is about, btw.
The confusion could easily be removed if we add an animation that moves this
window into the deskbar, though. And this is what I would recommend to
implement rather than another button to clobber the interface for no real gain.

Bye,
   Axel.