[haiku-development] Re: Merge Michael Lotz's key_store branch?

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 21:03:52 +0100

On 03/13/2013 06:37 PM, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Michael Lotz <mmlr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

That was my line of thought as well. I wanted to introduce a more complete
"Cryptography Kit" that would provide ciphers, hashes and utilities for
encrypting, signing and producing hashes. I begun drafting such an API but
did not get too far yet. The idea was to use OpenSSL as the backend for the
API via an add-on. Other add-ons could for example provide hardware
encryption, fingerprint/smartcard sensor support or additional ciphers or
hash implementations.

I think that is a great long term goal and agree, but I think we could
get away with a much more simple version to start with. Something
which can address the problem of unencrypted keyrings and allow us to
make use of the keystore now.

Did someone whisper "GSoC project idea"? :-)

CU, Ingo