[haiku-development] Re: Menu shortcuts without modifiers

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:07:46 +0100 (MET)

Ryan Leavengood<leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It might also be nice to support
> that, so I have a new idea (well not exactly, it was Caitlin's idea)
> of having a B_NO_COMMAND_KEY flag (which is sort of like
> B_NO_MODIFIERS) except it just removes the automatic B_COMMAND_KEY but
> still allows other modifiers. My current solution does not do this
> (but it would not be hard to change.) Thoughts?

A B_NO_COMMAND_KEY makes definitely more sense IMO than B_NO_MODIFIERS; in
AddShortcut() you only need a mechanism to work-around the command-modifier
automatism, nothing else.
BTW I don't know how shortcuts are stored right now, but I guess it's a good
idea to put them in a map, accessible by key - that should also take care of
your performance related worries.

Bye,
   Axel.