[haiku-development] Menu shortcuts without modifiers

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 14:11:57 -0500

I know this has been discussed before and I'd like to bring it up
again: there is a need for menu item shortcuts which don't have
modifiers. The F# keys are of course one obvious use, but even other
keys could be useful in something like ShowImage (the 1 key showing
the image at 100% zoom instead of Alt-1.)

So I have an idea on how to implement this. A new constant (maybe
added at the end of the modifiers enum, there is room) called
B_NO_MODIFIERS which apps can pass as the modifier when create menu
items. If this is passed in the normal logic of forcing B_COMMAND_KEY
as the modifier is skipped.

This is still backwards compatible because apps have to explicitly
pass this new constant to get this behavior.

If no one thinks this is crazy I will implement it soon.

Ryan