[haiku-development] Making a bootable ISO using 'mkisofs' under Haiku

  • From: Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 23:47:37 -0500

Hi folks,

I want to know how, or if it's possible, or if there's a bug in mkisofs,
when doing the following; any help would be appreciated.

I can create a custom bootable ISO of Haiku (with all my own apps, settings,
drivers, etc.) within Haiku, but there are some issues.

First I grab a nightly VMware image, fill it with goodies, then grab the
nightly ISO with the same revision, and rip the boot floppy image out of it.

Run this command under Haiku:

mkisofs -R -max-iso9660-filenames -b haiku-boot-floppy.image -c boot.catalog
-o /Haiku-Custom.iso /boot

(took me a while to figure the above out, and note, adding the Joilet flag
will result in an ISO that doesn't boot)...

Testing the ISO in Qemu, it loads, fine, boots fine, applications load fine,
etc.

The only thing is, (most) all of the applications and folders don't have
their icons. I'm assuming the attributes didn't copy over?
Is it possible to make a fully functioning bootable ISO of Haiku using
mkisofs using this method?

Thanks!