[haiku-development] Re: Mail and E-mail preferences

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:38:05 +0100

Hi Frank,

On 2008-02-22 at 19:57:39 [+0100], Frank Paul Silye <frankps@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I have tried to not be active on the Haiku mailinglists, but it is
> hard to resist. It must be a luxury problem if icon or not is to be
> discussed for an alpha release.

I guess you completely misunderstood this app menu thing as being discussed
for Alpha 1. We are just discussing something, possibly for R1. It is
unrelated to and not planned for the first alpha release.

As has been said, the plan for Alpha 1 is to be good enough for self
hosting. Ie it doesn't crash too often, hopefully not at all, and doesn't
corrupt your data. Other wish list items include being installable from
within itself (useful for selfrespect), ie creating and initializing BFS
partitions via DriveSetup.

We are tracking all the related issues and bugs in the R1/Alpha milestone
(see Roadmap on dev.haiku-os-org).

Best regards,
-Stephan