[haiku-development] Re: Mail and E-mail preferences

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:47:51 -0800

Rene pointed out that you may be talking about the toolbars that were added in ZETA. This is a non-issue as I am not talking about the toolbars at all here. The only thing being discussed is the icon menu. Nothing else. Just to make things clear.

-Bruno

Bruno Albuquerque wrote:
Axel Dörfler wrote:

If my opinion matters, I do not agree on the icon approach, even though it seems like a good compromise between the space it needs and the functionality it carries. An icon alone wouldn't be too bad (not that I would like it), bad as soon as I think of a tool bar next to it (with icons that even are slightly larger), I can't stand it anymore. I would rather like to have that "Application" menu or keep the status quo which IMO isn't as bad a people make it, either (sure, it's not very logical, but you not only already know it, you can also get used to it very easily once you do).

Yes, your opinion obviously matter. But I would like to think that mine does to and I really do not agree with what you said. :)

Also, I wouldn't like to to any changes on that matter before R1/alpha is out - there are a few more important things to work on right now. If you want to know how it looks like, just try out a later Zeta - I for sure didn't like that.

For obvious reasons, I used ZETA for a long time and still does. Aesthetically-speaking, I think the window with the icon looks a lot better than the ones without. And even some applications for R5, like SoundPlay, implemented that for exactly the same reasons we are discussing here.

I agree that there are more important stuff to work on but, again, this is a volunteer-based project. If someone wants to go and make the change, it is up to this person how he/she uses their time.

-Bruno