[haiku-development] Re: Mail and E-mail preferences

  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:21:31 +0100

Denis Washington skrev:
On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 18:59 +0100, philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx wrote:
I find the Apple way the preferable, and once you get used to, you
always find different placements odd.
A separate menu with the application's name would also be OK in my
opinion. Actually this makes a lot of sense as it also gets rid of other
oddities, like Exit in the File menu etc.
+1

I've changed my mind :-), I'm for an App Icon (à la Apple menu) too now. As
Rene said, pretty much existing app are open source, so we could do it coherently
for most apps ourselves.

I would use the app name instead of an icon, as a single icon can be
easily overlooked (it would be much less wide than the other menu
items). But we could make the item bold to make it visually distinct
(like in OS X).

Regards,
Denis

The complete application name in the menu would (for some applications at least) require a lot of space. I think the app icon is a better solution. I at least got used to it right away when using Vision. I think placing Preferences, About, Exit (and similar) there is a good and intuitive solution.