[haiku-development] Re: Macbook Plus

  • From: Bryce Groff <bgroff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 14:55:20 -1000

Had an opportunity to try a CD boot on an Intel-based Macbook Plus yesterday. In raw boot mode it displayed the splash screen then did nothing, and using the Virtual Desktop we managed to get past the first four boot icons before she froze. This thing has a Core 2 Duo in it.

Anyone else tried/succeeded with this platform?
I have a MacBook that I have an older build running on. You have to use the ata bus_manager. Also have an external keyboard and mouse ready, I have troubles with my internal hardware. There are probably some differences between the pro and the regular MacBook's but it it should boot with some tinkering.

Bryce