[haiku-development] Re: Looking for testers

  • From: "David McPaul" <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:49:07 +1000

2008/8/18 Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> David McPaul wrote:
>>
>> I am looking for someone to test a few mp4 files for me. [....]
>
> Hi David,
> so i tested on real hardware with the non-oss Auich nVidia driver, with the
> zipped codecs you provided.
> Sound device is the on-board sound on Asus K8N (nForce3 250Gb).
>
> The files you provided play well, i can hear a few pops though but that does
> it with any source on this hw, so i can't tell if theres a problem with your
> codecs in this regard.
>
> Otherwise, i noticed that seeking anywhere in the file (mediaplayer) always
> restarts the sound at the beginning, video seeks correctly though, so the
> sound gets desynchronized.

My current thinking is that the issue is with the chunk cache.  When
seeking on audio the chunkcache gets into a loop waiting for more data
to be added.  I put a limit on the looping and so it does return but
always seems to restart reading from the beginning.

Hopefully I can work this out.

--
Cheers
David