[haiku-development] Localisation, Translation and such.

  • From: Jonathon Omahen <composr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:02:00 -0700

Hello devs,

   Just wanted to peek my head in and say "hello"!  I'm going to be
running an eeePc exclusively on Haiku, and dual-booting a Dell
Latitude with XP and Haiku, so I will be getting a lot of real-world
benchmarking on Haiku, which Is super-exciting for me!  Just wanting
to express my desire to work on localisation and translating interface
elements/docs to various languages.  I have spent most of my life
studying foreign languages, linguistics and principles of translation
in addition to computer science, so you could say it is a massive
hobby of mine. :)  I would love to help see Haiku get a wide variety
of available languages implemented.  Anyways, if there's any good
source of info gathered on how to get into this, that would be really
appreciated. ^_^

Thank you all and happy coding!

~Jonathon