[haiku-development] Re: Locale kit error handling problems

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:58:22 +0100

Le Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:50:36 +0100, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

Hi there (Adrien mostly, though),

I noticed two problems in the locale kit code that you introduced:
* you use assert() for runtime error handling - you must only use assert
to detect internal inconsistencies, not runtime errors!

AFAIR, these were introduced for things that never happens, and helped me debug them.

* you directly return ICU errors.

Yes, this is my fault, I was not sure how to translate them to Haikuish error codes.

* the ssize_t is thought to return a length, or a status (not just a
status as assumed in BCountry::FormatMonetary()).

ok, will check that next time.

Note that besides the catalog system and a little work on date formatting that I don't consider finished, the API for locale is still mostly stubs and work-in-progress things. Unfortunately I have much less time now to work on it, so it's somewhat stalled.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx