[haiku-development] Re: Linux support for BFS

  • From: Sean Healy <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:52:18 +0100

On 01/10/2012 11:30 AM, Stefano Ceccherini wrote:
2012/1/10 Jerry<jquill81@xxxxxxxxx>:
Christoph Thompson wrote:
Yes there's a BeFS module for Linux. But unfortunately it's read-only.

Thanks Christoph. Is the module included in the mainstream (default)
Linux kernel, or does it have to be downloaded and activated manually?
How to do it, please?

There is a read-write BFS Fuse module for linux. It's even included in
the latest Ubuntu, IIRC.

Ubuntu 11.10 (Ocelot) automatically recognized my BFS drives when I installed it, but it's a read-only driver. The FUSE driver may be available, but it's not installed by default.