[haiku-development] Re: Linux support for BFS

  • From: David Given <dg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:18:41 +0000

Rene Gollent wrote:
[...]
> it allows for filesystems that wouldn't be
> possible in the kernel since you can write filesystems that make use
> of libraries. Things like sshfs wouldn't be feasible in the kernel
> since you'd pretty much need to write an entire ssh+ssl implementation
> that's kernel safe, which is quite a non-trivial undertaking.

I don't know what Haiku's file system architecture is like --- are they
all in-kernel, or can they have user-space parts? Can Haiku support
FUSE-like filesystems as well, or even FUSE itself?

│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
│ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
│ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup