[haiku-development] Linux Conference Australia is interested in Haiku papers! (and Open Day stall)

  • From: Daniel Devine <devine-mlist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 14:20:12 +1000

Greetings,

The LCA team noticed there was no Haiku related papers submitted so far and
so I am following up because we think it would be great to have some Haiku
presence.

The linux.conf.au 2011 organisers welcome proposals of papers from all areas
of the open source community. linux.conf.au is a fun, informal, seriously
technical conference. In 2011 it will also cater to a range of end users
including those new to the open source community.

CFP has been extended to end on the 14th of August. Eek! - but perhaps you
can just update an old paper/presentation?

I know that the Aussie Haiku community is small and that many are busy
(Sikosis is currently busy organising Haiku Down Under) and thats why I
should mention that travel/accommodation assistance is available not only
for those in Australia but also *Overseas*!

For all the info you need go to http://lca2011.linux.org.au/programme/papers

I am also looking to set up a Haiku stall at the Open Day -- an LCA event
that is open to the general public to help bring open source to attention of
the Average Joes. I am happy to run this (and happy for some assistance!)
but I will need some Haiku materials even if it is just the banner, I can
burn some CDs and IIRC there is some posters available for download to
print.

--Daniel Devine
Linux.conf.au team member