[haiku-development] Libferris - an awesome addition to Tracker?

  • From: Daniel Devine <devine-mlist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:58:30 +1000

Greetings,

This weekend at the Home Unix Machines Brisbane User Group we had a
presentation about LibFerris. It can take structures of data and turn it
into a virtual file system. I instantly thought that this would be a cool
addition to Haiku/Tracker because you can mount something like a SQLite or
MySQL database, Spreadsheets, XML, logfiles or an online service API
(Flickr) and traverse/modify the contents via Tracker and whatever tools you
want. It would also be cool to be able to right click one of these things in
Tracker and tell it to convert it to whatever format you want.

The video of the HUMBUG presentation will be available sometime soon, but
you can read http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8901 and
http://www.libferris.com/

Unfortunately it is GNU GPL licensed.

--Daniel Devine