[haiku-development] Re: LLVM

  • From: André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:09:06 -0300

Em 14/10/2009, às 15:23, "Patrick Kelly" <kameo76890@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

I see... I could play around with it, see if I can get Haiku to build with the LLVM. Is there some sort of test or benchmark I could use to check for
differences?

Mind the fact that llvm-gcc compiled apps don't usually run as fast as "plain" GCC, since LLVM still doesn't implement a number of optimisation techniques. That's bound to change in time, however; just don't get overly frustrated when you face these less-than-stellar results. IMO for the time being the strength of LLVM is in providing the tools for building compilers and runtimes for dynamic languages, and not so much as a replacement of GCC for the sake of replacing it.

Cheers,
A.