[haiku-development] Re: LLVM

  • From: Paul Davey <plmdvy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:23:13 +1300

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 5:00 AM, Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 06.04.2010 um 17:47 schrieb Matt Madia:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 07:46, Paul Davey <plmdvy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> I made the original patch for configure for haiku, it also required a
>>> hack to make it build, another fix is required for current trunk to
>>> build on haiku however its an easy fix.
>>
>> Could you pastebin the patch & hack? (make sure the post's expiration
>> date is at least 1month or even 'never')

I can do this, the "hack" this time is simply commenting a line that
sets the sa_sigaction member of some struct to 0
haiku does not have the sa_sigaction member yet so it breaks the
compile to set it to 0 even though this is only to ensure it is nor
used.

> Even better might be a link to a Trac ticket on HaikuPorts or Haiku.
>
> Andreas

well as far as progress goes, llvm seems to work
I have recently run the test suite and it seems a bit dependent on
whether you built with cmake or the configure/make system
however both results seem to work so it may be my hacking of the
makefiles to get them to work on haiku due to ulimit not supporting a
few things, or at least it did not last time i tried...

clang also seems to work fine except for the very obvious problem of
having no idea where any of the headers are, i am trying to fix this
now so hopefully the first GUI clang program will appear soon.

I shall try to make a trac ticket and post the link here.
thanks for the interest

Paul