[haiku-development] Re: *Kit pseudo targets in root Jamfile

  • From: Rob Judd <judd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 10:47:57 +1000

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Ingo Weinhold wrote:
does anyone still use the {Mail,Network,Media,...}Kit pseudo targets defined in the root Jamfile? I would like to either move them to a dedicated file in build/jam/ or, even better, remove them completely. They seem to be relevant only to the developers working on the respective stuff, so I guess UserBuildConfig would be the place to define them.

While we're at that, does anyone mind if the Package* stuff is removed?
It pretty much doesn't serve any purpose anymore, at least one that I could see.
That reminds me of something I observed. The optional Development target automatically downloads packages from the internet, but doesn't seem to care whether they already exist on the system. A check for that could save lots of bandwidth ...

Rob