[haiku-development] Re: Keymap preflet, offscreen drawing

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:18:20 +0100

On 2008-02-25 at 15:58:58 [+0100], Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi, although it's fast now, i'm still getting some flickering when
> redrawing the whole thing (try pressing shift), compared to the R5's
> version running on Haiku. I think the R5's implementation is quite
> similar, as it has almost the same memory footprint now. Does someone
> knows some similar code i could look at?

Did you make the view transparent? view->SetViewColor(B_TRANSPARENT_COLOR);
This will prevent the app_server from clearing the background before
calling your Draw(). In turn, you need to draw every pixel of your view,
which will be the case if your bitmap is of the same size as the view.

Best regards,
-Stephan