[haiku-development] Re: Keymap management backend.

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.w.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 18:44:39 +0200

Am 03.09.2008 um 18:09 schrieb Alexandre Deckner:

Hmm, i'm not really sure how the BPrivate namespace should be used throughout the project. I mean, even for a public API? I'm asking since Keymap preflet and 3rd party tools are the target audience. Or i miss something?

Haiku R1 should be binary backwards compatible with BeOS R5, that means you still have to provide implementations for the old API.

If new public API is introduced in Haiku R1 there is no guarantee that it will stay stable until R2. As a consequence if it is not really necessary, I would avoid to introduce public API and would keep it private between the preflet and the input server. I think that's what BPrivate namespace is for.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

- Michael