[haiku-development] Re: Keyboard Does Not Work

  • From: Nickos V <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 18:01:48 -0600

Thanks for the information guys.  I was able to get the keyboard to
work by doing the following:

In BIOS:
change AHCI to ATA

Haiku Safe Mode:
Disable SMP, Disable DMA

This allowed the keyboard to work on Haiku revision 36182.
Believe it will work on newer revisions too but not tested.

My Laptop BIOS is very locked down so maybe an issue?
Or maybe Phoenix BIOS issue?

I have to test later on, no time now, and see if I can
get SMP back.  I will look at removing AHCI from Haiku.
Maybe DMA also and see what happens.

Cannot say how changing or disabling above changed the system
to get the keyboard working.  Very strange.

Hotmail & Messenger. Get them on your phone now.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9724463