[haiku-development] Re: Key roles vs. key label in menus

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 10:58:46 +0200

Hi there!

I have to admit that I didn't follow these threads on AltGr and key
roles too closely. Since it works perfectly for me with my keyboard and
keymap, it's difficult to put myself into the position of someone having
issues...

So, feel free to ignore the following. :)

See this mockup for a "Set modifier keys" panel:
http://imagebin.org/207296

Having the symbol popup menus is optional, if it's decided that the
symbols/bitmaps should be fixed. Otherwise we could provide the
symbols/bitmaps widely used on keyboards and have the user choose what
fits his.
The "Set key" buttons would open a panel telling the user to press the
key he wants to associate with that key role.
Instead of the a bit technical hex value, maybe a simple checkmark
symbol would suffice? Dunno...

Regards,
Humdinger

      Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette