[haiku-development] Re: Key roles vs. key label in menus

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 22:39:14 -0400

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 4:04 PM, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I implemented the concept of using UTF-8 characters as modifier key
> labels in menus and, the bitmaps might actually be better, I am not
> sure. Here is what using UTF-8 characters might look like:
>
> http://imagebin.org/206917
>
> What do you think?

I am not a fan. I understand the idea behind them, but it doesn't seem
like an improvement, just a way to avoid using bitmaps.

Other alternatives are just to use text for the modifier keys, which
is what Windows and Linux does. Though I still prefer the bitmaps to
that. It sets Haiku apart in a small way.

--
Regards,
Ryan