[haiku-development] Re: Key roles vs. key label in menus

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:56:24 +0100

Adrien Destugues wrote:
> Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> > CTRL is quite commonly written as caret.
>
> As I already said, the french and spanish keyboards (at least) have a
> caret key, so that would be confusing.

I'd say it's just a question of how it is rendered. E.g. with outlines and no
fill, it would look differently enough so that it is not confused with the
circumflex key.

> I suggested an upwards pointing triangle because of this.

The nice thing about the caret is that it can easily be associated with the
control characters, which wouldn't really work for the triangle.

CU, Ingo