[haiku-development] Re: Key roles vs. key label in menus

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:43:23 +0100

On 2011-11-17 at 16:45:45 [+0100], Axel Dörfler<axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Whether the proposed symbols are the best, I don't know, but we can
experiment with those anyway. Custom-made icons are probably an even better
alternative.

That's what I started to think, too, after John's latest mail: we're not really limited to what Unicode has to offer. And I would still be heavily against using Apple's command key symbol; despite the copy-cat issue, it's also not a good symbol, so I don't see why we should take over that in the first place.

However, I always liked the Amiga 'A' key, and also the former Apple key. Even more, a leaf as command icon would fit perfectly fine with the Deskbar's use of it, too.

Bye,
   Axel.