[haiku-development] Re: Kernel APM function access?

  • From: kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 08:58:01 -0600

http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/system/kernel/arch/x86/apm.cpp
>> > being compiled into the pre-alpha kernel?
>
> Yes it is, you'll just have to specifically enable it via the kernel
> settings file, since it's not stable on all machines yet.
>
>> I have not been able to access quite a few apm functions while
>> compiling
>> some APM laptop battery stuff.
>
> Have a look at the PowerStatus application in the src/apps/ folder (not
> part of the image because of the above) to see how to use the APM
> interface from an application.
> It probably does what you want to achieve, anyway, so you might want to
> improve upon it directly :-)
>
> Bye,
>    Axel.

Ahh, that makes sense. I did see the power app source was fairly feature
complete it wouldn't run. I have a new shiny Aspire One I put Haiku on and
got a new 9-hour battery for it.  Through necessity comes innovation :)

--Alex

believed to be clean.