[haiku-development] Re: KDL during installation (r28149)

  • From: Marcus Jacob <rossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:21:06 +0200

On 15.10.2008, at 21:12, "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Von: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I have exactly the same problem. I usually sync to the latest code and install to a dedicated partition updating the currently installation I
already have there. With the recent changes I started getting that
during boot (there were no changes to BlockAllocator or BFS - other than
 Ingo's change which seemed to be just to decrease the verbosity of
logging in BFS) so, for all purposes, you can consider it as being the
latest version.

Marcus Jacob wrote:
I currently consistently get a KDL during installation.

Panic: assert failed (.../bfs/BlockAllocator.cpp:444) ! fLargestValid ||

Actually, please upgrade to the current revision. As far as I know, this problem was fixed in one of the next revisions after the one that introduced this problem.

Actually r28149 is the latest revision from today 19:45 ...

Otherwise I would have tried a newer revision as this bug fried my system.

Rossi