[haiku-development] Re: KDL during installation (r28149)

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 15:46:11 -0300

I have exactly the same problem. I usually sync to the latest code and install to a dedicated partition updating the currently installation I already have there. With the recent changes I started getting that during boot (there were no changes to BlockAllocator or BFS - other than Ingo's change which seemed to be just to decrease the verbosity of logging in BFS) so, for all purposes, you can consider it as being the latest version.

-Bruno

Marcus Jacob wrote:
Hi all,

I currently consistently get a KDL during installation.

Panic: assert failed (.../bfs/BlockAllocator.cpp:444) !fLargestValid || s

Thread copy_engine

Always happens when copying README ...

Can't check or file a bug, as my primary system had a power supply breakdown and my Haiku system doesn't work anymore due to above mentioned issue.

Regards,
Rossi

--
Marcus Jacob